Benefits of this calf teat:
- Most natural sucking action (one sucking movement for each gulp of milk), similar to under the cow.
- The milk is drunk slowly due to the “open connection” with the milk in the bucket.
- Forceful sucking and a natural drinking position result in a good oesophageal groove reflex.
- The milk arrives in the right place (in the fourth stomach instead of the rumen).
- This prevents ruminal drinking.
- Optimal saliva production increases the calf’s immunity.
- Saliva has a positive effect on the digestion.
- Saliva keeps the pH stable, which prevents acidosis (no scour).
- Improved lactose intake.
- Better growth.
This teat fits in the openings of the ECF Milk Feeders, as well as on all other group bars and Milk Bar feeders.